Black Mold Remediation in Charlotte, NC
We are experts at water damage repair and mold remediation. When a catasatrophe hits your property, we’ll do the job right the first time so that you never have to hire another professional.
The Paul Davis Promise
- We reply instantly, day or night, so the damage doesn’t get worse while you wait.
- Licensed professionals have the knowledge to carefully and skillfully take care of water cleanup and mold remediation.
- Paul Davis’s comprehensive service includes building drying, damage restoration, and antimicrobial measures.
- Progressive equipment and technology senses the source and isolates the location, halting its spread.
What is Black Mold?
Black mold is the stuff of homeowners’ nightmares. It is a toxin-producing fungus that slinks in unseen, and then engrosses the area around it. Fungus is everywhere – indoors and out – just waiting for the condition it needs to settle down and reproduce. Microscopic spores can lie dormant almost indefinitely, until they find dark, moist areas to set up shop. Black mold, or Stachybotrys chartarum, can be toxic, harming the well-being of both people and pets. It belongs to a species of toxin-producing molds, all of which can be just as dangerous.
Information about Mold
Mold doesn’t take long to permeate walls, floors and ceilings. Whenever your home experiences water damage, you should have a professional heck the walls for mold infestations. They can go ignored for weeks, and then spring up essentially overnight.
Once mold creates colonies in your living space, it quickly grows and releases toxins that make life miserable for occcupants:
- Mold emanates a strong, musty smell that stops rooms from smelling fresh.
- Mold wreaks havoc on allergy-sensitive people, as well as those with asthma, causing a physical reaction.
- Mold can cause coughing, wheezing, chest tightness, and trouble breathing.
- Mold toxins can activate chronic inflammation and ongoing cold-like symptoms.
- People with compromised immune systems can get systemic infections of the lungs, skin, or digestive tract.
- In rare instances, mold toxins can cause neurological problems or even death.
- The more prolonged the exposure, the more severe the danger.
Exceptionally damp homes and offices can be vulnerable to mold invasions even if no water damage has happened. If you see or smell something that could be mold, get an expert opinion right away.
To get rid of mold, the setting where it prospers must first be removed. Water sources have to be dealt with, and any remaining moisture must be thoroughly dried out. Only then can mold removal and remediation start.
Whether a dripping roof, burst pipe, or other entry point, it isn’t enough to stem the tide. Moisture can saturate out-of-sight portions of your home. Without proper cleanup methods, mold will keep coming back to these areas.
What We Do
- Our team will inspect the area and assess visible and hidden damage triggered by water and mold, and what must be done to avert further damage.
- We contain the mold so that it can’t transmit to wider areas.
- We use sophisticated air filtration techniques to remove spores from the air.
- We remove mold and any items that have been infested with it, and then we treat the area with antimicrobial substances to kill what’s left.
- We clean household items, carpeting, furniture and decor that have come into contact with mold. This includes getting rid of that awful, musty odor.
- We restore the property to its original condition using new drywall, paint, carpet, and other building materials.
While no procedure can guarantee that a home won’t be re-infested with mold, we can make your home or business as unwelcoming to mold as possible.
Call Paul Davis of Charlotte right away. Whether it’s your home or business that has been conceded, our prompt, thorough, expertly trained technicians will handle the consequences of your water and mold damage. We’ll work work together to return things to normal.