Indoor Mold Inspection and Removal Services
Mold is pretty much everywhere so, whether you can see it or not, chances are your property has mold lurking just under the surface. Mold is something that occurs naturally, but the type of mold that resides in your house or business is the real issue. Mold spores move through the air, entering structures through openings like doors, windows and HVAC systems. They can also enter a residence on pets, clothing and shoes. It can be virtually impossible for you to eliminate mold infiltrating your residence. It’s only when there is mold growing in your property that you have cause for concern. Having an expert to speak with that can advise on the type of mold present is invaluable. Add to that an expert that can develop the optimal way for treatment and perform the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial emergency restorative services for all kinds of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement
When Paul Davis performs an investigation on your residential or commercial property for mold, you have a licensed professional that is experienced in this area. Detecting and identifying mold is step one in what can be a long project. When it comes to dealing with mold safely, the prime option is working with a company which specializes in all aspects of the process. Paul Davis offers mold remediation and removal services as well basic mold testing. Mold can cause damage to your residence along with major health issues to your family. Mold, unlike most allergens, can adversely affect the health of an individual whether they have allergies or not. Mold migrates through any surface it lives in, meaning the longer it goes without treatment in your residence, the worse its effects are. The experts at Paul Davis can accurately identify the strains of mold growing in your property and effectively handle treating it.
Properties of Mold
There are 3 general types of mold:
- Allergenic: Which produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: Molds that cause health problems in individuals which suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: Any mold that produces toxic microbes.
With the abundance of molds that can be found in structures, having an expert to inspect and diagnosis the extent of their spread is key to eradicating it. An expert with Paul Davis can aid in helping make your house healthy and free from the most insidious molds.
A few common molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly grows on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying fabrics, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium will cause hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm climate mold that thrives both outdoors and indoors. Aspergillus can be located in areas that are excessively damp with extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. It is also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is commonly located in textiles, dust, carpet, showers, soil and window frames. This large spore mold deposits in soft tissue, like the nose, mouth and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – This is the most commonly identified outdoor fungi that enters homes. It spreads in damp, porous surfaces such as textile and wood. Both the indoor and outdoor strains cause asthma attacks and induces hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly horrible mold that produces high levels of airborne toxins, fortunately is a less common household mold. Stachybotrys needs excessive damp to thrive, and causes breathing problems, symptoms reminiscent of the flu, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold thrives in areas of condensation such as humidifiers, drain pans, window sealants and cooling coils. It’s a powdery mold that thrives in an array of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – This mold is often discovered growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It starts out light brown or pink in color but deepens to dark brown-black the older it is. This highly responsive allergic mold is responsible for causing eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – This mold can be located in residences after a flood or leaking and in chronically damp conditions. It carries a dank odor, cottony texture and changes colors from white to brown or grey over time. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system and cause skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold thrives in both warm and cold areas and spreads quickly on upholstery, fabrics, carpets and under floorboards. It reacts strongly with wet tissues like the eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of thriving and migrating in colder temperatures, Fusarium is pink or coral in color and is commonly located in a home’s soft goods. A reddish strain is found in organic products like house plants, and both kinds can move quickly through a home. Symptoms from this mold begin as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections then can progress to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture and is mostly green and white. It thrives in consistently damp and moist areas like HVAC systems, wood and fabric. Along with health symptoms the same as other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it inhabits, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is almost always located in bathrooms and kitchens and is one of the black molds. It contributes to respiratory ailments and asthma.
Contact Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
When you may know or suspect there is mold in your home call the professionals with Paul Davis. Our professional team will provide a detailed inspection and perform the remediation servicing required to remove damaging mold from your residence. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.