Be on the Lookout for Water Damage
With a large home to maintain and clean, checking for water damage probably isn’t on the top of your to-do list. Unfortunately, it isn’t uncommon for water damages to seemingly appear out of nowhere. These are often discovered when it’s too late to reverse the damage. If this happens to you, it’s important to call the experts as soon as possible. The experts from Paul Davis will be able to assess and repair any water damage they discover in your home. You can take precautionary steps to prevent water damage from occurring. It’s important to know the signs of water damage in your home, no matter how subtle or obvious they may be.
How Does Water Damage Happen?
Water damage occurs when extra water accumulates in areas where it shouldn’t. Paul Davis is always ready to come to your home to examine water damage. However, it’s important to know what to look for. If you can avoid water damage altogether, your home will endure for years to come. Water damage can happen from both outside elements and from inside your home. No matter how water damage occurs, it’s critical to be careful. Do you suspect that your home is experiencing water damage? Look for the following:
- Leaking or frozen water pipes or lines
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Dishwashers or washing machines that overflowed
Preventing Water Damage
There’s nothing as frustrating as discovering water damage on your property knowing you could have prevented it. You can avoid this. To avoid water damage, do the following:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Paul Davis Can Tackle Any Water Damage
If your home experienced water damages, don’t hesitate. Waiting will only make the damages worse. For efficient water damage repair services, call Paul Davis today at 888-473-7769. Your local Paul Davis technicians will arrive at your home as soon as they can. You can trust that we’ll take care of any water damages that have occurred in your home.