Water Damage Can Be Avoided
No matter where your building is located, your business or home could receive severe water damage. Your building can sustain water damages through basement flooding, sewer backups and storm damage. At Paul Davis, we understand the financial and emotional toll that water damages can take on you and your family. When you contact our water damage technicians, they’ll be able to reduce the amount of damage your home will undergo. Your local Paul Davis water damage expert will examine and repair the damage, no matter the amount of water damage.
Causes of Water Damage
We all have home appliances that we rely on. Unfortunately, if they break, they can cause major issues. Any appliance that uses water can cause major damages by flooding. When an emergency strikes, the water damage mitigation technicians from Paul Davis will arrive on the scene to fix any leaks and repair water damage quickly. Here’s a few causes of water damage:
- Frozen or leaking water lines or pipes
- Bathtubs, sinks or toilets that have overflowed
- Sewage and septic tank lines that have backed up
- Dishwasher or washing machine overflow
- Heavy storms or rainfall
- Cresting rivers or streams
Ways to Prevent Water Damage
What’s the best way to avoid water damamge repairs? Preventing water damage altogether. That’s why productive prevention is key to avoiding high-priced repairs and possible homeowner’s insurance claims. Here are a few ways you can avoid water damage:
- If any leaks occur, examine them closely and patch them up immediately.
- Never pour grease down your sink. This can significantly damage and block your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause undesirable pressure on your hoses or pipes.
- Know how to turn off your water main in case of an emergency. As soon as a pipe leaks or bursts, turn off your water main to prevent permanent damage.
- Check your water bill for any unforeseen spikes in your usage. It could point to a leak.
- To prevent damage to your gutters and roof, cleanout your gutters regularly.
When it comes to preventing water damage, it’s important to use your common sense. Regularly check your house and appliances. If there’s a leak or other issue on your hands, don’t wait. If it’s only a minor leak, then address it yourself as soon as you can. But if it’s bigger leak or burst, reach out to the highly trained water damage technicians from Paul Davis.
The Water Restoration Services We Offer
You shouldn’t waste any time when the worst happens. Paul Davis franchises all offer 24/7 emergency services. This allows them to repair any water damages as soon as possible. We offer a vast array of water remediation services, including:
- Assessing water damage
- Water extraction
- Drying affected areas
- Cleaning and restoring possessions
- Remediating mold and mildew damage
- Locating and repair the source the leak
- Reconstruction services and storm damage repair
- Helping with filling insurance claims
Call Paul Davis Today
Water damages can cause some major problems for your home. If you need a water cleanup company call Paul! at 888-473-7769. Our professionals will get you in touch with an expert in your area. We have 50 years of water repairs under our belt, so you can rely on Paul Davis to take care of whatever water emergency you throw our way.