Reliable Smoke Damage Repairs
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a house. However, there are many elements of fire, such as soot and smoke, that are just as harmful. Smoke odor can overtake building materials and personal belongings and your walls can be stained by soot. Fires can be damaging to both to your family and your house.
The professionals from Paul Davis understand that your precious possessions and memories are at stake. That’s why our experts in smoke and soot are ready to help. Each Paul Davis franchise offers 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we we’ll be able to reduce the cost of fire and smoke damages to your home.
Smoke Damage Can Be Cleaned Up
Your home can undergo serious smoke damage without a major fire breaking out. If you don’t act quickly, small-scale kitchen fires and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and strong odors. Unless you address the problem immediately, smoke can seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop spreading smoke, shut off your AC.
- To fan out smokey air, position large fans towards open doors and windows.
- Vacuum up ash and soot by holding the nozzle right above the soot. Pressing down could create stains.
- Use a rag to clean countertops and furniture.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge, while using a vinegary spray to get rid of stains.
- Clean every household item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Deodorize carpets and window coverings using odor counteractants.
The Smoke Restoration Process
If your home has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the professionals take care of it. At Paul Davis, we offer all-encompassing soot remediation services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
Has your home had recent soot damage? Turn to the experts from Paul Davis. You‘ll finally get your home back after we’re done with our fire restoration services. Our experts are specialized in effective smoke repair cleaning services and using the proper equipment. We guarantee that you’ll receive quicker cleanup and lower smoke damage removal expenses. Our goal is to have you return to your everyday schedule as soon as possible. Reach out the smoke cleanup and smoke remediation services technicians from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.